struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: Call execAndWait but got NullPointerException ?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:09:06 GMT
Hello,

For people who would like to do similar action, my solution is by using
the following:

Issue:
========
Send hundreds of emails (since our mail server, wait 50 seconds per 10
emails). Notify users that email action has not completed.

Solution:
==============

1. "Send All" Button:
     <s:submit value="Send All"
               onclick="return confirmSubmit() &&
                        ajax_check_search_table('check_send_all_opr')"
               theme="simple"
               action="send_allProcessAction">
     </s:submit>
     Onclick layer.display in jquery function

2. Action class
    Add: private Boolean     email_finished             = false;

3. jsp page
    <s:if test="email_finished == false">
       <marquee width=60% behavior=scroll>
       <B>
       Please do not leave the page and wait for email sending to be
completed...............
       </B>
       </marquee>
       <BR/>
    </s:if>

Emi

On 06/03/2011 10:12 AM, Emi Lu wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> The "completeStack" should be whatever your normal stack is, I think.
>
> struts.xml
> ====================
> <interceptor name="execAndWait"
> class="com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.ExecuteAndWaitInterceptor"/>
>
> <action name="*ProcessAction" method="{1}" class="ProcessAction">
> <interceptor-ref name="completeStack" />
> <interceptor-ref name="execAndWait">
> <param name="delay">2000</param>
> <param name="delaySleepInterval">500</param>
> </interceptor-ref>
> <result name="wait">/wait.jsp</result>
> <result name="success" type="tiles">browse_action1</result>
>
> Tiles.xml
> browse_action1 => point to browse.jsp
>
> Till now, no running exception. But the page always stays "browse.jsp"
> while wait.jsp does not show at all.
>
> Emi

Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
emilu@encs.concordia.ca        +1 514 848-2424 x5884