struts-user mailing list archives

From "Brandon Atkinson" <bnatkin...@usm.maine.edu>
Subject Re: jsp caching problem
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:52:31 GMT
Arpan,

This sounds like a browser issue, not an HTTP issue.
The Cache-Control pragmas are for controlling whether http responses are cached for a given
resource.  My guess is that the behavior you're referring to is form field autofill within
the browser.

This thread on stack overflow shows an HTML5 method to disable autocomplete, but it only works
on some browsers.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2530/how-do-you-disable-browser-autocomplete-on-web-form-field-input-tag

I have never seen a browser autofill a password field unless you explicitly tell the browser
to remember passwords.  Are you using 'password' fields for your passwords?  This should be
all you have to do here.

-Brandon Atkinson

>>> Arpan <arpan.debroy@gmail.com> 6/13/2011 11:40 AM >>>
Hi All,

Do any one know how to solve caching problem in jsp.
My requirement is that, it should not display previously submitted credit
card number and passwords.
Whenever I put the first number, my page shows all other numbers previously
entered as a suggession.

I have used the bellow code to solve caching and autocmplete problem.

<%response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");%>
<%response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");%>
<%response.setHeader("Expires", "0");%>

<head>

    <META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

</head>

But till now no success.

Thanks