struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: how to make onchange in s:select to submit a form and call a specific method in one action class
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:37:33 GMT
Hello,

> The onchange attribute expects JavaScript.  So you'd have to write a
> function to use ajax to make your request to /process_change.action.

Or someone could provide more info will "sj:select" help satisfy the
following requirement?

(1) <sj:select name="country" onchange="to_change_region" />
(2) <sj:select name="region"  onchange="to_change_city"   />
(3) <sj:select name="coutry"   />

Actually, I prefer not to use complex javascript code to do change
select1, select2 is updated, change select2, and select3 is updated.

Thanks a lot!
Emi

>> In struts2.2.3, how to submit a form to a predefined action?
>>
>> For example,
>>
>> (1) a.jsp
>> <s:select onchange="changeProcess" />
>>
>> (2) Process.java
>> public String change()
>> {
>>      get Form values from a.jsp
>>      database actions ... ...
>>      return a.jsp;
>> }
>>

>> I'd like to know:
>> When values changed in s:select, how to submit the form and call
>> change() method in Process.java
>>
>> Thanks lot!
>> Emi

Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
emilu@encs.concordia.ca        +1 514 848-2424 x5884