struts-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Brown <aa...@thebrownproject.com>
Subject Re: Where to put non action associated data
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:32:32 GMT
If I were coding the search part, I'd probably place the secondary
piece inside a searching business service. Your action would
instantiate a search business service and ask it to get search results
based on a query string. The business service would do that and also
(based on whatever business logic you like) would do whatever extra
things were appropriate. The action never knows or cares about it, and
your low-level data access piece doesn't know either. It's the service
layer's job to understand the complexities and related activities that
go with the basic requests from the Action.

My two cents.

 - Aaron

--
Aaron Brown : aaron@thebrownproject.com