struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marcus Bond" <mar...@marcusbond.me.uk>
Subject RE: To create new session without invalidating existing one
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:58:42 GMT
What is the reason for the new session? Doesn't sound a great plan.
Anyway you're going to have a problem as this isn't how browsers expect to work, that said
Chrome allows incognito browsing so that might work but it isn’t generally the expected
behaviour.

If the same application is being accessed from the same browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE etc.)
once a session is created then that is the same session unless you destroy it. Your browser
has a cookie with the jsessionid and that cookie is for the site from that browser across
all windows not per browser window.
Marcus.

-----Original Message-----
From: Velmurugan M [mailto:velmuruganm@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 September 2011 09:23
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: To create new session without invalidating existing one

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Thompson <elephantium@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 01:26:48

Well, first I'd suggest dropping the requirement for launching the new browser window.  It's
a pretty user-hostile way to program a site.  "Hey, why'd my Back button stop working?  Sigh,
call IT again."

That said, you could try launching the popup window with a URL on a different subdomain.
That should keep the sessions separate from each other.

Failing that, you'll have to build in some logic to manage two sessions with different keys
for the session IDs.

Regardless, I don't think it's really a Struts-level issue.

Brian