struts-user mailing list archives

From cpanon <cpa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Struts 1 JDO
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:52:25 GMT
Hello
Yes I know I should upgrade, but just want to get this out of development and the models proven.
Struts 1 has one instance of the server-side action.  I am using, the old and very reliable/sufficient,
Solarmetric/BEA JDO implementation.  How does the server TC6 handle multiple simultaneous
connections on executing the action class?  I know it is not stateful.  But it must be threaded
to a limit and spawn another instance.  However once the thread completes can I pm.EvictAll()?
I am also doing the same thing with a form bean,but that is a bit more clear in that it is
created for each session and even though each instance is acquiring a PersistenceManager,
the PersistenceManager pool should give each request a separate instance.  This is working
as expected in development and testing, I am just fearful of production without a clearer
understanding.  I know Apache has the testing tool that I will test with, I just want to
know what to expect.  That means I can with wild abandon pm.EvictAll() on the form bean.
Correct?  Both?