struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Black <jeffrey.bl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: use struts2 in a xxxx.jsp url
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:51:48 GMT
Edward,

Are you wanting to leverage the Struts 2 validation framework without actually having to define
an "action" class?

JB
@jeffblack360

On Mar 5, 2012, at 11:40 AM, eelboy <eelboy@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to struts2 and have two questions that I have not seen asked/answered in
my short time on this list (but also through plenty of online searching):

> (1) Is it possible to invoke form validation without having the URL being rewritten to
xxxx.action?  That is, can i keep my existing JSP urls but simply "add" struts2 functionality?

> (2) Is it possible to manipulate the default value that is displayed for a specific field?
 For example, if the field in question is a signed integer, but a value of -1 is intended
to represent a default (ie, user did not supply a value) is there any way to not display anything
in that field instead of "-1" - which appears to be the behavior.