struts-user mailing list archives

From Kaunain Ahmad <kaunain.ahmad2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible Value Stack Corruption?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:42:51 GMT
Hi,

Pls use <s:select list="loanPurposeList"headerKey="default "
headerValue="Choose Loan Purpose "/>

Regards,
Ahmad

On Thursday 21 June 2012 04:06 AM, Craig Music wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> In my deployment, using Struts 2.3.1.2 and 2.3.4 on top of OC4J latest I've
> had a problem where after my application runs some time (indeterminate), a
> simple, properly formatted and correct syntax iterator tag call to get some
> enum values will top working, initially it worked and rendered just fine
> but after running sometime it returns different values. Specifically, I
> mean that the code to create a simple dropdown below , driven by an
> ArrayList of enums will stop showing N options with proper labels and
> values and will change to show N options but with incorrect values and
> empty labels.
>
> <select>
> <option value="default">-Choose Loan Purpose-</option>
> <s:iterator id="s" value="getLoanPurposeList()">
>   <option value="<s:property value="toString()" />"><s:property
> value="getLabel()" /></option>
>   </s:iterator>
> </select>
>
> The above code will go from outputting
> <option value="business">Business</option>
> to outputting
> <option
> value="tlc.ui.action.registration.borrower.borrowerc.ApplyForALoan@2220eeec
> "></option>
>
> However, after the server gets into this 'incorrect state' if i modify the
> jsp and change from<s:property value="toString()" />  to<s:property
> value="#s.toString()" />   and<s:property value="getLabel()" />
> to<s:property value="#s.getLabel()" />things go back to outputting the
> expected. Note the addition of the #s.
>
> Re-starting my deployment will also fix the issue, after restarting I get
> the expected values in the dropdown no problem.
> Also tlc.ui.action.registration.borrower.borrowerc.ApplyForALoan is the
> action class driving the action in question.
>
> It seems the Value Stack is getting corrupted since the<s:property
> value="toString()" />  looks like it's referencing the action class itself
> instead of the next value in the iterator.
>
> Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I believe the
> problem is not "adding #s (iterator id) to all iterator calls" since this
> is a symptom of a larger issue, some sort of partial Value Stack corruption
> of some sort.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

 The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to<br>which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any<br>review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance<br>upon
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is<br>prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of<br>this
document and any attachments.</font></pre>