struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Issue with Chinese Charctors
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:26:41 GMT

this issue was reported a ways back http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/struts-user/201002.mbox/%3C53ee77ab1002070842x50988007h61fc91dee0239fb7@mail.gmail.com%3E
something to check:0)be sure use a charset which will support your locale (zh)..be mindful
of DBCS support
1)set locale to chinese e.g. zh2a)use locale specific text properties e.g. MessageResources_zh.properties
this is going to require a string by string translation for each characterproperty1error1=\u30d7\u30ed\u30d1\u30c6\u30a3
1, \u30a8\u30e9\u30fc 1from Brians blogI started creating a new file using the Notepad editor
on Windows XP . The
file is then saved as type "Unicode Big Endian"
Next, using the native2ascii utility from JDK 1.4 SDK, I use the following
command to convert this file to an ASCII file:
native2ascii -encoding UnicodeBig CustomerResources_zh.ucd
MessageResources_zh.properties
2b)confirm MessageResources are being references by Struts in struts-config.xml e.g.<message-resources
parameter="MessageResources"/> Input and Display considerations:
set IME to properly input chinese characters (keyboard) if im not mistaken windows handles
IME and display under Control-Panel "Region and Language" Browsers have specific procedures
to change display to mandarin e.g.internet explorer, Tools --> Internet Options -->
Languages tab, I
added the language "Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R.) [zh-HK]"

Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.