struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Chinese Charctors
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:41:38 GMT
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Sathish Kumar wrote:

> In our struts 2 project, we support Chinese language. While we save Chinese
> text in forms we see junk characters getting saved.
>
> While investigating, we found this link
>
> http://www.mkyong.com/struts2/struts-2-chinese-localization-issue/
>
> As per this,
>
> At the top of the JSP Page, we need to include
>
> *<%@ page contentType=”text/html;charset=UTF-8″ %>*
>
> Now the issue is, it is only possible with JSP pages. But in our case, we
> use free marker as our result type.
>
> What is the coresponding freemarker sysntax for the above JSP code?

Did you try setting the encoding in the `freemarker.properties` file as per
the freemarker support docs [1]?

This isn't necessarily what your issue is, though, if you're talking
specifically about *saving* I18N data from forms, although it could be
related.

Dave

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/freemarker-support.html