struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <davelnew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: struts-tags Iterator usage
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:59:24 GMT
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Justin Chin wrote:

> I am not sure I understand.  The jsp does the job of displaying the data
> correctly, but I must do additional work to submit the data by adding
> additional markup?:

How would a framework know that an arbitrary number of fields named
"firstname", "lastname", and "number" should coalesce into a list of
specific object types?

All you submit in HTTP is strings: everything else is smoke and mirrors,
and relies completely on convention (e.g., form field names) and conversion
based on names and property information.

Dave