struts-user mailing list archives

From john feng <johngf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: client sided applications
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 17:51:04 GMT
You know the data irregularity pattern that needs to be fixed, thus if you
have a dbms system such as Oracle, DB2/UDB, etc., then load these csv files
into tables to hold all the data, then write the sql scripting or stored
procedures to fix the irregular data. (Note, before loading the files, if
the csv files contain bad carriage return signs, you may download open
source IBM symphony v1.3 or earlier to open the csv file and save to as csv
file again, which will clean the bad carriage returns well. MS Excel can
not do it while display file well for newer version, while 2003 version can
only display 1M lines or so.) My experience is that Java
program/application will not beat the database sql scripting or stored
procedure processing. You may use web page/desktop application GUI to issue
the selecting and loading files, then starting cleansing commands in the
database on demand but do not show the data on gui by all means. Or use new
file coming to trigger the processing or nightly cronjob to run.

This was my experience, glad to hear other options in action.