struts-user mailing list archives

From Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>
Subject Re: @SMD annotation
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:34:36 GMT
we have working more than 2 years to map the REST standard GET PUT
DELETE POST to S2 Plugins.

we have a showcase also there.

but if you wanna to try our yama, (struts2-spring-hibernate),
showcase, that will help you a lot, and the license also same Apache .
http://yama.java.net,

all our work in maven central also.

we have our real life system like www.mervpolis.com,
http://sums.mervpolis.com , all using this plugins.

we use jackson as json parser.

visit our knowledgespace, in http://space.meruvian.org/meruvian/yama,
so you can quick looking our quickstart documentation for using yama.

we have yama with jaxrs, and we in plan to make rest plugin little bit
adopt several JAXRS model, rather using current @Action @Result model

On 9/20/12, Salvatore Lionetti <salvatore.lionetti@youco.eu> wrote:
> Hi Frans,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, really interesting
> "Built-in resource transformer for JSON and XML."
>
> But struts-json plugin seems to provide all the "tools" in my case.
> I see the code changed a lot, expecially now the annotation on SMD
> object is now done in SMDGenerator::generate() instead of
> JSONResult::writeSMD, Perhaps i've a problem with the root object. But
> in my case there are many SMD methods, each resembling to a particular
> bean automagically serialized/deserialized by the plugin. Moreover the
> strange thing is that method are correctly collected from my custom
> object. Does the initial message (method: [] , ..., objectName, ... )
> is generated in SMDGenerator::generate()?
>
> Thanks for your attention
>

> 2012/9/20, Frans Thamura <frans@meruvian.org>:
>> hi there,,
>>
>> we modify the REST, i believe you interest with @SMD because want to
>> process the response
>>
>> try this
>>
>> s2restplugins.java.net

>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:18 AM, Salvatore Lionetti
>> <salvatorelionetti@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i'm using a beautiful Struts2 2.3.1.2 environment.
>>> I'm having trouble with annotation @SMD, basically ignored, at least
>>> in the initial message:
>>>
>>> methods: [...], "objectName": null, ... "version": .1 (the default)
>>>
>>> This is the commands:
>>>
>>> Java
>>> @SMD(objectName = "TEST", serviceType = "JSON-RPC", version = "10.0")
>>> public class SimpleJAction {
>>>     public String smd()
>>>     {
>>>         return Action.SUCCESS;
>>>     }
>>>     @SMDMethod
>>>     ... a lot of methods.
>>> }
>>>
>>> Struts.xml
>>>     <package name="example" extends="json-default">
>>>         <action name="simpleJAction" class="x.y.SimpleJsonAction"
>>> method="smd">
>>>             <interceptor-ref name="json">
>>>                 <param name="enableSMD">true</param>
>>>                 <param name="ignoreSMDMethodInterfaces">false</param>
>>>             </interceptor-ref>
>>>             <result type="json">
>>>                 <param name="enableSMD">true</param>
>>>                 <param name="contentType">text/html</param>
>>>                 <param name="ignoreInterfaces">false</param>
>>>             </result>
>>>         </action>
>>>      </package>
>>>
>>> Basically all works great, except @SMD annotation is totally ignored
>>> (compile support seem works great!)
>>>
>>> In the first method called in class SimpleJsonAction, the second
>>> message exchanged after the 'methods' one, i dump:
>>>
>>> log.error(this.getClass().getAnnotation(SMD.class).toString());
>>>
>>> And obtain an almost  correct (serviceType is no more 'JSON-RPC',
>>> anyway)
>>>
>>> @org.apache.struts2.json.annotations.SMD(serviceType=service,
>>> version=10.0,...)

> [...]

Frans Thamura (曽志胜)
Shadow Master and Lead Investor
Meruvian.
Integrated Hypermedia Java Solution Provider.

Mobile: +628557888699
Blog: http://blogs.mervpolis.com/roller/flatburger (id)

FB: http://www.facebook.com/meruvian
TW: http://www.twitter.com/meruvian / @meruvian
Website: http://www.meruvian.org

"We grow because we share the same belief."