struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Struts 2] Redirect Stopped Working After Struts 2 Upgrade
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:46:58 GMT

John-
i could not get the StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter to pass ServletRequest Attributes so I made
some Q&d mods to get the front end Parameters to pass to ActionSupport back-end

//mods for StrutsPrepateAndExecuteFilter
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter::doFilter(ServletRequest
req,ServletResponse res,FilterChain chain) throws IOException,ServletException {
java.util.Enumeration e = request.getParmeterNames();
Object value=null
String name=null;
while(e.hasMoreElements())
{
 value=e.nextElement();
 name=value.toString();
 this.filterConfig.getServletContext().setAttribute(name,request.getParameter(name));
}
//save the request and response just in case
this.filterConfig.getServletContext().setAttribute("ServletRequest",request);
this.filterConfig.getServletContext().setAttribute("ServletResponse",response);
}

to access:
public class GetAClueAction extends ActionSupport {
public String getAclue()
{
 String AClue=(String)ServletActionContext.getServletContext().getAttribute("AClue");
 return AClue;
}
public javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse getResponse()
{
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse resp=(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse)ServletActionContext.getServletContext().getAttribute("ServletResponse");
 return resp;
}
public javax.servlet.http.ReqHttpServletRequest getRequest()
{
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest req=(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)ServletActionContext.getServletContext().getAttribute("ServletRequest");
 return req;
}

dave ..as soon as youre done drying out your basement from hurricane sandy can you check this?

Thanks
Martin Gainty
Place long winded disclaimer here