struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rewriting an application in Struts2 from Struts 1
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:27:47 GMT
2012/10/20 Srineel Mazumdar <smaz19584@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for  your reply. However I still have some queries :
>
> 1) Why the namespace = path added ? I could have given /shop/editAccount.
> What difference it would have made ?

You should use namespaces as action should be just a simple labels, no
slashes. In Struts 1 you have modules, in Struts 2 are namespaces.

> 2) Why added redirect action ?

To redirect to an action, you can chain actions but it isn't preferred.

> 3) Why add an extra entry :                 <param
> name="namespace">/shop</param> ?

to redirect to action named index in namespace /shop as you can have
an index action in default namespace as well

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/