struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Black <jeffrey.bl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:11:18 GMT
Double-check your namespace.  What is the class-name of your action and the package?

Jeff

________________________________
 From: John Boyer <john@rodaxsoft.com>
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 10:53 AM
Subject: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?

Hi:

I'm trying to move all of my action configurations out of the struts.xml file into annotations.
For the most part it's working fine. Yet, for my actions that have results with no 'name'
parameter it doesn't work. For example, the following entry in my XML works perfectly.

  <action name="start">
            <result>/WEB-INF/jsp/register.jsp</result>
   </action>

However, when move this entry to my action class it doesn't work. I get an "No result defined
for action...and result input" error. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm missing some
fundamental concept here. My SUCCESS and INPUT results work as expected.

@Action(value = "start", results = @Result(location="/WEB-INF/jsp/register.jsp"))

Thank you,

John Boyer