struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Black <jeffrey.bl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 20:25:33 GMT
Hey there John.

Are you using the Convention plugin?

What is the classname of your action (e.g., org.blackj.common.action.TestAction.java)?

Jeff

________________________________
 From: John Boyer <john@rodaxsoft.com>

Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?

Hi Jeff:

In the struts.xml, the namespace is "/" and the package is "default".

<package name="default" extends="struts-default" namespace="/">

Do I need add this info as annotations to all my action classes?

Thanks,

John

On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Jeff Black <jeffrey.black@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Double-check your namespace.  What is the class-name of your action and the package?
>
> Jeff

> Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 10:53 AM
> Subject: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?
>
> Hi:
>
> I'm trying to move all of my action configurations out of the struts.xml file into annotations.
For the most part it's working fine. Yet, for my actions that have results with no 'name'
parameter it doesn't work. For example, the following entry in my XML works perfectly.

>   <action name="start">
>             <result>/WEB-INF/jsp/register.jsp</result>
>    </action>
>
> However, when move this entry to my action class it doesn't work. I get an "No result
defined for action...and result input" error. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm missing
some fundamental concept here. My SUCCESS and INPUT results work as expected.