struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Black <jeffrey.bl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:03:40 GMT
John -- My wife accuses me of being dense all the time so forgive me.

I infer from your comments that you are using a pass-through action to your jsp -- correct?

If that is true, this works for me just fine:

    @Action(value = "start",
        results = @Result(location = "/WEB-INF/testresult.jsp"))
        public String dummy() {
                return SUCCESS;
        }

A quote from the result-documentation[1]:

	*     Likewise if the name attribute is not specified, the framework will give it the
name "success".
[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.3.1/docs/result-configuration.html

________________________________
 From: John Boyer <john@rodaxsoft.com>

Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?

Hi Jeff:

Yes, I'm using the plugin. Unfortunately, the documentation isn't really helping or I'm missing
some fundamental concept. Again, all my other annotations work fine (INPUT, ERROR, SUCCESS)
except for the action described in this reply.

To clarify, what I'd love to see is a simple example of how to migrate "myAction", which has
a result with no name from the default package and namespace in the struts.xml into an annotation.
Is this possible or does this always need to stay in the struts.xml? This is the crux of my
problem. Thank you for your help.

<package name="default" extends="struts-default" namespace="/">

<action name="myAction">
             <result>/WEB-INF/jsp/myPage.jsp</result>
    </action>

John

On Nov 2, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Jeff Black <jeffrey.black@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey there John.
>
> Are you using the Convention plugin?
>
> What is the classname of your action (e.g., org.blackj.common.action.TestAction.java)?
>
> Jeff

> Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 2:55 PM
> Subject: Re: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?
>
> Hi Jeff:
>
> In the struts.xml, the namespace is "/" and the package is "default".
>
> <package name="default" extends="struts-default" namespace="/">
>
> Do I need add this info as annotations to all my action classes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>

> On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Jeff Black <jeffrey.black@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Double-check your namespace.  What is the class-name of your action and the package?
>>
>> Jeff

>> Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 10:53 AM
>> Subject: [Struts 2] How do I migrate an action with no result name to an annotation?
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I'm trying to move all of my action configurations out of the struts.xml file into
annotations. For the most part it's working fine. Yet, for my actions that have results with
no 'name' parameter it doesn't work. For example, the following entry in my XML works perfectly.

>>    <action name="start">
>>              <result>/WEB-INF/jsp/register.jsp</result>
>>     </action>
>>
>> However, when move this entry to my action class it doesn't work. I get an "No result
defined for action...and result input" error. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I'm missing
some fundamental concept here. My SUCCESS and INPUT results work as expected.