struts-user mailing list archives

From "bphillips@ku.edu" <bphill...@ku.edu>
Subject New Warn Log Messages When Using Struts 2.3.8
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 20:19:25 GMT
I'm reviewing Struts 2.3.8 and noticed that in the log there are new
WARN-level messages that were not there in release 2.3.4.1.

For example:

Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.carModels] is not on the excludeParams list
of patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.email] is not on the excludeParams list of
patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.firstName] is not on the excludeParams list
of patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.gender] is not on the excludeParams list of
patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.lastName] is not on the excludeParams list of
patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.over21] is not on the excludeParams list of
patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.phoneNumber] is not on the excludeParams list
of patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.residency] is not on the excludeParams list
of patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [personBean.sport] is not on the excludeParams list of
patterns and will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger warn
WARNING: Parameter [submit] is not on the excludeParams list of patterns and
will be appended to action!
Dec 28, 2012 2:01:43 PM
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.logging.commons.CommonsLogger error
SEVERE: Developer Notification (set struts.devMode to false to disable this
message):
Unexpected Exception caught setting 'submit' on 'class
org.apache.struts.edit.action.EditAction: Error setting expression 'submit'
with value ['Save Changes', ]

Is there something I should do in my code/settings in response to the
WARNING: Parameter ... messages?  In production we usually log at the WARN
level for dependent artifacts.

Bruce