struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: wierd stack trace regarding parsing of struts.xml
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 09:33:01 GMT
2012/12/1 Davis, Chad <Chad.Davis@emc.com>:

>> IMO it just needs to match the DTD in the jar; as I said, I've generally seen
>> this happen when there's a mis-match.
>>
>> In regards to your SO question, it would depend completely on the
>> implementation and its configuration.
>>

> Here's the one that doesn't work:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE xwork PUBLIC
>         "-//OpenSymphony Group//XWork 1.1.1//EN"
>         "http://www.opensymphony.com/xwork/xwork-1.1.1.dtd">
>
> <xwork>
>

> But what do you think needs to match the jar file?  I mean, struts2-core.jar doesn't
contain xwork-1.1.1.dtd, but the xwork jar does . . . so why wouldn't it find it if it was
just taking the xwork-1.1.1.dtd and checking the classpath.

When XWork was moved to ASF, we changed all the DOCTYPEs, the correct one is:

   <!DOCTYPE xwork PUBLIC
		"-//Apache Struts//XWork 1.0//EN"
		"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/xwork-1.1.1.dtd">

You can find all the DTDs here [1], basically all these DTDs are part
of distribution, so Struts 2 can read them from jars and don't have to
look over the internet. In your case, the DOCTYPE is not available
locally and Struts 2 is trying to fetch it from internet.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/dtds/

Regards
--
Ɓukasz