struts-user mailing list archives

From fusillator <fusilla...@gmail.com>
Subject iterable tag
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:12:35 GMT
Hi all, I'm new to struts2/java matters, so be sympathetic please.

I've a question about <s:iterator> tag

I recently used it to loop on a Iterable collection of type
java.util.TreeMap$Values retrieved by the method java.util.TreeMap.values()

getting the following cast exception:

2013-01-11 18:45:00,520 DEBUG
org.apache.struts.tutorial.wildcard.service.PersonService.getPeople:33
[Person [1: Paolino Paperino], Person [2: Paperon De Paperoni], Person
[3: Archimede Pitagorica]]
2013-01-11 18:45:00,523 DEBUG
org.apache.struts.tutorial.wildcard.service.PersonService.getPeople:34
class java.util.TreeMap$Values
2013-01-11 18:45:00,523 DEBUG
org.apache.struts.tutorial.wildcard.service.PersonService.getPeople:34
class java.util.TreeMap$Values
gen 11, 2013 6:45:01 PM org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache
tldScanJar
WARNING: Caught an exception while evaluating expression
'people.isEmpty' against value stack
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.TreeMap$Values cannot be cast to
java.util.Set
	at ognl.SetPropertyAccessor.getProperty(SetPropertyAccessor.java:47)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.accessor.XWorkCollectionPropertyAccessor.getProperty(XWorkCollectionPropertyAccessor.java:93)
	at ognl.OgnlRuntime.getProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:2300)

The used variable is reported by log4j.
Is there any restriction on the iterator tags?
Could someone suggest me a tutorial/howto about ognl/value stack?

Best regards