struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Struts2 OSGi plugin with GlassFish
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 07:59:45 GMT
2013/1/9 Christina Kaskoura <christina.kaskoura@eurodyn.com>:
> Hi Lukasz,
>
> Unfortunately the felix.jar contained in GlassFish does not include all the
> classes included in the felix-related jars declared as dependencies of the
> OSGi plugin. So if I exclude the felix main jar as you suggest I get the
> following error during deployment:
>
> java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/felix/main/Main
>
> I have also tried excluding the felix main jar and then manually including
> some or all of its dependencies in the hope of finding a combination that
> works but I haven't had any luck with that either.

This is a bit strange :\ Maybe GlassFish uses a different version of
Felix container or the plugin based on too old version ;-)

As I have very limited knowledge how OSGi works (I know the concept
;-) it would be nice to extend my it in that area :D
I've tried upgrade Felix to the latest version (4.0.3) but there is
lot of changes so the current version of plugin must be a bit
adjusted. Anyway, could you register an issue targeting this and
attach a sample Maven based demo application ?

Adding a better OSGi support to Struts2 (and upcoming Struts3) would
be awsome :-)

Regards
--
Ɓukasz