struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Struts2 OSGi plugin with GlassFish
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 06:37:51 GMT
2013/1/8 Christina Kaskoura <christina.kaskoura@eurodyn.com>:
> I am trying to use the Struts2 OSGi plugin and have tried creating a web
> application containing the struts2-osgi-demo-bundle. All goes well when
> deploying the application on Tomcat, however when I try deploying on
> GlassFish (which has Felix included) I get a number of errors which I
> understand are due to the fact that the plugin starts a new Felix instance
> while another one is already running on GlassFish and that certain Felix
> classes are present more than one times in the classpath (one from the Felix
> jars included in the application as dependencies of the plugin and one from
> the felix.jar already included in GlassFish). More details on the actual
> errors are available in this stackoverflow post -
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14200300/using-struts2-osgi-plugin-with-glassfish.
>
> My question is: is there any specific configuration I should make in order
> to use the OSGi plugin in GlassFish (or any other container including Felix
> for that matter)?

As I understand, GlassFish already contains Felix container, if so
simple exclude Felix dependency from the Struts2 OSGi plugin, when
used with Maven it can be solved by:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
    <artifactId>struts2-osgi-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.3.1</version>
    <exclusions>
         <exclusion>
            <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.felix.main</artifactId>
         <exclusion>
    </exclusions>
</dependency>

Regards