struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug with email validatior - Does not accept valid characters like '+'
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:20:27 GMT
2013/1/29 Thim Anneessens <t.anneessens@ictjob.be>

> Hello,
>
> The '+' character is a valid email address character. The Struts email validator (com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.validators.EmailValidator)
does not support the '+' character.

> I noticed that the validator implementation is custom (using a regex). Maybe it would
be better to use already existing implementation (java and apache commons have one).

This was already reported [1] and resolved with version 2.3.7, with
upcoming release you will be able to specify regexp for your own with
${regexExpression} expression of email validator [2] (email validator
extends regex validator [3])

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3883
[2] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/email-validator.html
[3] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/regex-validator.html