struts-user mailing list archives

From Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: google chart value setup in struts2 action class and show result in jsp.javascript function()
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:22:42 GMT
Thank you Maurizio for the information. I just wonder that would the 2
options work by struts2 + jsp + javascript?

(1) Way1:
    (1.1) Struts2.Action
     BeanForm.values = retrieve from DB
    (1.2) jsp + javascript
         in javascript function
... ....
function drawChart()
{
    <s:property> ...
    <% =%> ... // can be parsed and interpret by javascript .google
function?
}

(2) Way2
     if javascript function cannot interpret <% =%>, <s:property ...>

     (2.1) Struts2.Action
           BeanForm.values = retrieve from DB

     (2.2) Struts2.Action
           Write results (dynamically append javascript function in .jsp
file which is called by .jsp)

     (2.3) return SUCCESS -> result.jsp which called google.func()

Would Way2 work? or there are better ways to use it?

Thanks a lot!
Emi

On 02/20/2013 10:00 AM, Maurizio Cucchiara wrote:
> IIRC, I used s2-json plugin which basically exposed a data structure
> similar to the one requested by google chart.
>

> Twitter     :http://www.twitter.com/m_cucchiara
> G+          :https://plus.google.com/107903711540963855921
> Linkedin    :http://www.linkedin.com/in/mauriziocucchiara
> VisualizeMe: http://vizualize.me/maurizio.cucchiara?r=maurizio.cucchiara
>
> Maurizio Cucchiara
>

> On 20 February 2013 15:39, Emi Lu <emilu@encs.concordia.ca> wrote:
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> The google charts seem very interesting. Does someone know how to set all
>> values from struts ActionClass.Bean and show results in jsp.javascript
>> function please?
>>
>> The values example:
>> data.addColumn('string', 'Topping');
>>          data.addColumn('number', 'Slices');
>>          data.addRows([
>>            ['Mushrooms', 3],
>>            ['Onions', 1],
>>            ['Olives', 1],
>>            ['Zucchini', 1],
>>            ['Pepperoni', 2]
>>          ]);
>>
>> https://developers.google.com/**chart/interactive/docs/quick_**start<https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/quick_start>
>>
>> Thanks a lot!!
>> Emi
>>

>> --

>>    <head>
>>      <!--Load the AJAX API-->
>>      <script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.google.com/**jsapi<https://www.google.com/jsapi>
>> "></script>
>>      <script type="text/javascript">
>>
>>        // Load the Visualization API and the piechart package.
>>        google.load('visualization', '1.0', {'packages':['corechart']});
>>
>>        // Set a callback to run when the Google Visualization API is loaded.
>>        google.setOnLoadCallback(**drawChart);
>>
>>        // Callback that creates and populates a data table,
>>        // instantiates the pie chart, passes in the data and
>>        // draws it.
>>        function drawChart() {
>>
>>          // Create the data table.
>>          var data = new google.visualization.**DataTable();
>>          data.addColumn('string', 'Topping');
>>          data.addColumn('number', 'Slices');
>>          data.addRows([
>>            ['Mushrooms', 3],
>>            ['Onions', 1],
>>            ['Olives', 1],
>>            ['Zucchini', 1],
>>            ['Pepperoni', 2]
>>          ]);
>>
>>          // Set chart options
>>          var options = {'title':'How Much Pizza I Ate Last Night',
>>                         'width':400,
>>                         'height':300};
>>
>>          // Instantiate and draw our chart, passing in some options.
>>          var chart = new google.visualization.PieChart(**
>> document.getElementById('**chart_div'));
>>          chart.draw(data, options);
>>        }
>>      </script>
>>    </head>

>>      <!--Div that will hold the pie chart-->

Emi Lu, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
emilu@encs.concordia.ca        +1 514 848-2424 x5884