struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sekar, Sowmya" <sse...@ucsd.edu>
Subject Struts 1.1 and Tiles 2 compatability
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:01:46 GMT
Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading from Tiles 1 to Tiles 2.2.2 combined with Struts 1.1.

I have the following configuration in struts-config.xml

<controller processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor"/>

  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin" >
    <set-property property="definitions-config" value="/WEB-INF/tiles.xml"/>
    <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
    <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true" />
  </plug-in>

Below is the dtd configured in tiles.xml

<!DOCTYPE tiles-definitions PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Tiles Configuration 2.0//EN"
       "http://tiles.apache.org/dtds/tiles-config_2_0.dtd">

I have the tiles2.2.2 related jars(tiles-jsp, tiles-servlet, tiles-template, tiles-api, tiles-core)
in my classpath and I use maven to import jars in my project

When I start tomcat and display my page, I get the following error,

Mar 11, 2013 12:54:52 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.tiles.template.NoSuchAttributeException: Attribute 'topmenu' not found.
       at org.apache.tiles.template.DefaultAttributeResolver.computeAttribute(DefaultAttributeResolver.java:49)
       at org.apache.tiles.template.InsertAttributeModel.resolveAttribute(InsertAttributeModel.java:187)
       at org.apache.tiles.template.InsertAttributeModel.start(InsertAttributeModel.java:107)

It is not able to find any of the attributes in tiles.xml

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sowmya
ssekar@ucsd.edu