struts-user mailing list archives

From Mohit Gupta <motgu...@gmail.com>
Subject Not setting instance member value in destination action using action chaining?
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2013 08:45:58 GMT
This is my struts 2 flow where i am using action chaining

JSP--->Action1--->Action2--->ResultJsp

With action chaining , my understanding is that request is forwarded from
action1 to action2.So if i pass some parameter from action1 to action 2
it should be set in new action instance variable(/value stack created for
new action).But its not happening

Below is my code in action1

    @Result(name = "displayEmployee",type = "chain",
            params = {
                "namespace", "/employee",
                "actionName", "Employee-lookup!search",
                "empMode", "true"

            })

    @Action("display-employee!displayEmployee")
      public String displayEmployee() {
        return "displayEmployee";
      }

Now in Action 2 i.e display-employee , i have boolean property with name
empMode. But i get the value as false though i should get it true
because i am passing it as attribute in result annotation. As my
understanding in action chaining, all request paramaters are
forwarded from action1 to action2. Basically new value stack is created for
action2 which contains the variables which were present
in action1. So why value true is not set for empMode property in action 2?