struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Sánchez <juntandolin...@gmail.com>
Subject S2 custom authentication: remembering original request
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:27:29 GMT
Use Case: request some protected resource -> redirect action for authentication -> access
protected resource.

I'm using a custom interceptor that redirects (redirectAction) to a global result if no user
object is found in session. The final action result then redirects to a login page.

The interceptor gets the original action requested (using request.getServletPath(), but not
sure if this is right), and puts it in the value stack. It would be used with dynamic redirection
in the final result upon login success( ${nextAction} ) . This action must be passed in between
redirections.

But I need to reuse the original request. Reconstructing the request with a query string is
not an option. I need the original request: GET/POST method, all parameters/values, maybe
uploading binary content (inputstream), maybe headers...

Is it possible to do this? How?

------

Partially related to this: I'm having problems with redirections. The original request parameters
are forwarded only using dispatcher result . If I use redirectAction or redirect, original
params are lost. Why?