struts-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Klava <bkl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible client side validation bug in Struts 2.3.15
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 20:44:59 GMT
Now I managed to create a minimal example that reproduces the error (the
previous example I was trying was too minimal :)

https://github.com/bklava/struts

In the example, in the index action/page, there are 2 forms: the difference
is that the form 1 submits to the action without setting a method (then
calling the default execute() method), while the form 2 submits to the same
action but calling a specific method.

The validator is set annotating the field setter method, so it should be
available either to the default execute method and to the non-default
method. This is exactly the behaviour obtained when using Struts 2.3.14.3.

After switching to Struts 2.3.15, the form 2 validation is not executed at
all.

As far as I can tell, this difference is due to changes made
in org.apache.struts2.components.Form.getValidators(String name)

If you need any further info, just ask.

Tnx!
Bruno

--