struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Value not persisting in domain object
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:16:05 GMT
your best solution is stuff the entire Cart into Session
I will need a few items if you want us to help you get this running

package com.home.practice.shop;
import com.home.practice.shop.domain.Cart;
import com.home.practice.shop.domain.Item;
//where is com.home.practice.shop.domain.Item ?

public class AddItemToCartAction extends BaseAction {
//where is BaseAction?

There is great difficulty experienced to make this webapp work for you when

all of the jsps are missing
all of the config files are missing
 -web.xml
-struts-config*.xml
-*validation.xml
*.ftl
*.vm

the majority of the java source classes seem to be missing

if you REALLY want us to help you out...zip up everything in the ShoppingCartApp folder and
email it to us (or put it on dropbox and send us a link)

Also you will need some way to build the webapp..I took the liberty of creating this q&d
pom.xml for you
<project>
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>com.home.practice</groupId>
 <artifactId>Cart</artifactId>
 <version>1.0</version>
<packaging>war</packaging>
<description>a q&d pom.xml for Sunil</description
 <dependencies>
  <dependency>
   <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
   <artifactId>spring-beans</artifactId>
   <version>3.2.0</version>
  </dependency>
  <dependency>
   <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
   <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
   <version>2.5</version>
  </dependency>
  <dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
   <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId>
   <version>2.3.4</version>
  </dependency>
 </dependencies>
 <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.4</version>
        <configuration>
         <archive>
            <manifest>
              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
              <classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>
            </manifest>
          </archive>
          <!-- if not ear we can pull from lib folder -->
         <defaultLibBundleDir>lib/</defaultLibBundleDir>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>