struts-user mailing list archives

From Leonidas Papadakis <l...@bluecore.gr>
Subject Re: Struts 2.3.15.1 How to read external properties files or conf files
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 20:05:28 GMT
Hi there,

webwork used to have a class that would easily read external sources like
xml files, but i do not recall the class name now. If you want to read from
simple property files you could use something like :

String path = ServletActionContext.getServletContext().getRealPath("");

Properties prop = new Properties();

try {
    // load properties from the class path
    prop.load(new FileInputStream(path
            + "//WEB-INF//classes//ldapconf.properties"));
} catch (IOException ex) {
    ex.printStackTrace();
}

//get parameter param1
String param1 = prop.getProperty("param1");

Regards