struts-user mailing list archives

From Serdyn du Toit <dutoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Url rewriting of .action to .jsp
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 05:44:17 GMT
Hi,

I have the following Struts action defined in Xml:
    <package name="login" namespace="/admin/login" extends="default">
        <default-interceptor-ref name="any" />

        <action name="login"
class="com.d6.adminweb.login.AdminUserLoginAction">
            <result name="input">/admin/login/login.jsp</result>
            <result name="success"
type="redirect">/admin/dashboard/frames.jsp</result>
        </action>
    </package>

When I submit the page and validation fails my browser has the following

How can I make it display
http://localhost:8080/webapp/admin/login/login.j<http://localhost:8080/rf-adminweb/admin/login/login.action>
sp

If I never see .action in the browser I'd be happy :)

I want it to be login.jsp so that someone can bookmark the page even after
a failed form submission.  Sure, one can bookmark login.action - but then
when you load the page you're going to see a lot of errors due to empty
input fields (the Action's validation)

Using a "redirect" worked for the second result type:
            <result name="success"
type="redirect">/admin/dashboard/frames.jsp</result>

But in this case if I do that then my errors are no longer displayed on the
page (guess it gets lost when I redirect)

Any suggestions appreciated :)