struts-user mailing list archives

From Ken McWilliams <ken.mcwilli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inquiry
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2013 22:25:58 GMT
It's a good idea to put your action classes into packages.

Not on the topic of the question exactly but the long inheritance chain on
your action is suspicious. Consider struts2 Interceptors and since you are
using Spring inject what you need where you need it.

>         <action name="GenericPresentationAction"
> class="GenericPresentationAction" method="listAll">
>             <result name="list">
>                 ${destination}
>             </result>
>         </action>

JL already asked where is destination defined? In the execute method of the
GenericPresentationAction class output to the console the value contained
in destination.

Does it contain what you expect? Also how is the value of destination
determined? Is it passed in from the client?

>         <action name="GenericPresentationAction_*"
> class="GenericPresentationAction" method="{1}">
>             <result name="input" type="dispatcher">
>                 <param
> name="location">/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/genericPresentationForm.jsp</param>
>             </result>
>             <result name="success" type="dispatcher">
>                 <param
> name="location">/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/genericPresentationForm.jsp</param>
>             </result>
>             <result name="list" type="dispatcher">
>                 <param
> name="location">/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/genericPresentationList.jsp</param>
>             </result>
>         </action>

It would be helpful if we could see how tiles was tied into the above there
is no tile result type in clear use.
Also 'type="dispatcher"' is the default, so long as you extended
struts-default.

> In tiles.xml:
>
>     <definition name="AdministratorBase"
> template="/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/layout.jsp" >
>         <put-attribute name="header" value="/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/header.jsp"
> />
>         <put-attribute name="menu" value="/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/menu.jsp"  />
>         <put-attribute name="footer"
> value="/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/footer.jsp"  />
>     </definition>
>     <definition name="GenericPresentationAction"
> extends="AdministratorBase">
>         <put-attribute name="title" value="Presentación" />
>         <put-attribute name="description" value="Administrar Contenido" />
>         <put-attribute name="content"
> value="/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/genericPresentation.jsp" />
>     </definition>

What version of tiles are you using?