struts-user mailing list archives

From Narayana <narayanareddy.inako...@gmail.com>
Subject struts1 with Ajax using struts tags
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 03:35:27 GMT
I have a problem/doubt and describing here.I am using struts1.1(no plain
jsp's only struts tags) and needs to implement ajax in that.Q-1) With out
giving "action" property can't we write ?. If no I am using ajax in that
form(now my form having button to submit form data). Could any one please
help how to add my response back to form variable in same page.

<%@page import="app.RegisterForm"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/xyz" prefix="html" %>
<head>

</head>
<%
RegisterForm form = (RegisterForm)session.getAttribute("registerForm");

 String user = (form.getUsername() == null) ?"inr" :form.getUsername();
 String pass = form.getPassword().equals("")?"inr"  : form.getPassword();

//retrieveURL('example3GetCharacters.do');
 %>

onclick="retrieveURL('details.do');" />

my action class is

package app;

import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward;

public class DetailsAction extends Action {

        public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,ActionForm

                        form,HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse
response)throws Exception

                        {
                    RegisterForm detailsForm = (RegisterForm)form;

                    detailsForm.setUsername("Struts");

                  System.out.println("inr"+detailsForm.getUsername());
                        return mapping.findForward("success");
                        }

}