struts-user mailing list archives

From umeshawas...@gmail.com
Subject Re: How to install Struts?
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:18:07 GMT
War you downloaded is a sample application showing how we can use struts2 is a webapplication.

To correct you struts2 is not a web application itself but yes made up on servlet tech to
develop web applications.

In download distribution you will find number of jars files which can be used to develop your
web application and few of them are required to build struts2 powered web application while
others are optional and depedends if you want to use those features.

Just deploy that war in your tomcat and than see about folder structure also you will find
what all jars are required to have a struts2 enabled application.

My suggestion is to have a look at mvc as its based on mvc and a little about web applications
and servlets
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jorge F. Hernandez" <jfha73@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:28:52
To: <user@struts.apache.org>
Subject: How to install Struts?

Hey guys,

I've been looking for documentation on how to install it but I have not
found it, all i found is how to start working with it, but nothing on
how to install it,

This is what I have:

Apache 2.4
Tomcat 7

All I know is that Struts is made on Java technology, so I guess it
should be a Java webapp that can be accessed from any other in your
server, but other than that I don't know what to do.

I downloaded it and noticed there is an app folder with a few .war
files, so what do I do with them?

Thanks,