struts-user mailing list archives

From Manuel López Blasi <lopezbl...@conicet.gov.ar>
Subject Request parameters need corresponding getters/setters in action?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:41:12 GMT
Hello everybody,

i'm in the process or migrating our application from struts 2.8.1 to the
latest 2.3.16.1 Ga.
After some intense debugging and researching i have come to the
conclusion that request parameters passed thru url are required
to have corresponding setter mothod (dunno if getter too) in targeted
action class.

I have and url  like this:
http://localhost:8080/sigerh_5_4/view/licencia/usuario/listarTramite_input.action?pantallaOrigen=Licencia&idMenu=27&idModulo=5&idGrupo=4

the params would be:
pantallaOrigen=Licencia
&idMenu=27
&idModulo=5
&idGrupo=4

whenever i click the link i get following exception:
"
INFO: 2014-03-27 17:29:32,673 ERROR .logging.commons.CommonsLogger
error                   (L:34 ) -Developer Notification (set
struts.devMode to false to disable this message):
Unexpected Exception caught setting 'pantallaOrigen' on 'class
ar.gov.conicet.apps.sigerh.presentation.usuario.CListarTramiteAction:
Error setting expression 'pantallaOrigen' with value ['Licencia', ]
"

i added setter methods in this action to see if that would fix the issue
and set breakpoints and efectively the framework uses this method and
sets those values.

Is this a new feature or behaviour? I haven't seen it before.

Is there a way to configure this so i don't have to reformat the whole
application?

Strange enough some links seems to not suffer from this issue:
this for example is ok:
http://localhost:8080/sigerh_5_4/view/licencia/usuario/tramite.action?tramite.id=789447&accion=ver

Another issue with latest release(s): i have noticed that datetimepicker
isn't shown anymore, as if it were broken.

I checked out struts2 jira issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4254

and grabbign some info from there i managed to modify some files from
struts2-core-2.3.16.1.jar ,
i changed some paths in
controlheader.ftl
controlheader-core.ftl
basically applying the same fixes that were performed in that issue.
Prior to that the jsp crashed in the same way described in the jira ticket.
The changes i made fixed it  and no exception or warning is shown in the
log anymore. I have dev mode set to true and debug level set to very
high level showing everything.

Anybody can comment on this two issues? Any quick fix/solution would be
highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards.