struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why do I get this XHTML validation errors? (second attempt)
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 06:50:32 GMT
Thanks, perfect!

> Hello guys!
>
> Thank's for all help about this validate error.
> I hope I did this correct and posted a issue at:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4297
>
> Btw I will soon post my second question in a new fresh thread.
>
> Best regards
> Fredrik

>> From: fredand44@hotmail.com
>> To: user@struts.apache.org
>> Subject: RE: Why do I get this XHTML validation errors? (second attempt)
>> Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 20:56:20 +0000
>>
>> Hello again guys!
>>
>> I might need to bother you about this presumptive bug also.
>>
>> I got struts-user-input-validations in the form.
>> For eg one field is a email-address-field and must be filled in by the user.
>> So if I submit this form without any email-address there will be an error message.
>> Of course that must be valid xhtml as well. The page with the error message looks
like:

>> 25 <form id="productcommentssave" name="productcommentssave" action="/productcommentssave.action"
method="post">
>> 26 <table class="wwFormTable">
>> 27 <tr errorFor="productcommentssave_productComment_emailAddress">
>> 28 <td align="center" valign="top" colspan="2"><span class="errorMessage">Email
address is required!</span></td>
>> 29 </tr>
>> 30 <tr>
>> 31 <td align="left" valign="top" colspan="2"><label for="productcommentssave_productComment_emailAddress"
class="errorLabel">Email address:</label></td>
>> 32 </tr>
>> 33 <tr>
>> 34 <td
>> 35><input type="text" name="productComment.emailAddress" size="40" maxlength="128"
value="" id="productcommentssave_productComment_emailAddress"/></td>
>> 36 </tr>
>>
>> I get this xhtml-validation-message from w3c:
>>
>> Line 27, Column 23: there is no attribute "errorFor"
>>
>> You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you
are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by
incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must
use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary
extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired
effect instead).
>> This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document
type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case,
see the element-undefined error message for further information.
>> How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML
is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or
use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed>
element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.

>> What do you you think guys? The tr-tag does not look OK according to me, but I might
be wrong? What is this attribue "errorFor"?

>> Btw I have never ever posted a bug about the first thing. If you need me to do it
I would love to help but how do I do it? Do I need some account to some jira-server?