struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Sánchez <ads...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default action method for unmatched wildcard actions
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 16:00:45 GMT
That's not working for me.

OK:     /person -> com.myapp.actions.PersonAction#execute (SUCCESS) ->
person.jsp

FAILS: /person-edit -> com.myapp.action.PersonAction#edit ->
person-edit.jsp (FAILS even annotating with @Action)

INSTEAD:/person-edit -> NO ACTION METHOD CALLED -> person-edit.jsp DIRECTLY

However:

OK: /person-edit -> com.myapp.action.PersonEditAction#execute (SUCCESS)
-> person-edit.jsp

It seems only "execute" method is able to be found and run, even using
@Action annotation: /person-edit is matching PersonEditAction#execute(),
but not @Action("edit") PersonAction#edit().

struts.xml has no configuration at all, just devMode. and
"struts.convention.result.path".

Using 2.3.16.3.