struts-user mailing list archives

From Tamer Erdogan <Tamer.Erdo...@vasco.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Struts 2.3.16.3 GA release available - security fix
Date Thu, 08 May 2014 09:31:31 GMT
If we have 2.3.16.2 installed, should we also update to 2.3.16.3. Because in S2-022 2.3.16.2
is not in affected version.

Regards
Tamer

-----Original Message-----
From: Lukasz Lenart [mailto:lukaszlenart@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 5, 2014 16:33
To: Struts Users Mailing List; Struts Developers List; announcements@struts.apache.org; security@apache.org;
full-disclosure@lists.grok.org.uk; bugtraq@securityfocus.com
Subject: [ANN] Struts 2.3.16.3 GA release available - security fix

The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Struts 2.3.16.3 is available as a "General
Availability" release.The GA designation is our highest quality grade.

Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java web
applications. The framework is designed to streamline the full development cycle, from building,
to deploying, to maintaining applications over time.

This release includes important security fixes:
- S2-022 - Extends excluded params to avoid manipulation of Struts'
internals via CookieInterceptor

* http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/s2-022.html

All developers are strongly advised to update existing Struts 2 applications to Struts 2.3.16.3

Struts 2.3.16.3 is available in a full distribution, or as separate library, source, example
and documentation distributions, from the releases page.
* http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts23163

The release is also available from the central Maven repository under Group ID "org.apache.struts".

The 2.3.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum requirement of the following
specification versions:
* Java Servlet 2.4 and JavaServer Pages (JSP) 2.0
* Java 2 Standard Platform Edition (J2SE) 5

The release notes are available online at:
* http://struts.apache.org/release/2.3.x/docs/version-notes-23163.html

Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Struts framework, please post
your comments to the user list, and, if appropriate, file a tracking ticket.appropriate, file
a tracking
ticket:
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW

- The Apache Struts group.