struts-user mailing list archives

From Markus Demetz <mar...@demetz.eu>
Subject ParameterNameAware issue
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2014 12:01:27 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my application from 2.3.15.2 to 2.3.16.3.
Some of my actions implement the ParameterNameAware interface to check
if a parameter will be accepted.
I have parameters of the form like "user.username" (e.g. loginform)
which will be passed to the acceptableParameterName(String) function of
the LoginAction class.
The LoginAction has a User Object with a setUsername method. I didn't
want to use the model-driven approach.

When upgrading to struts 2.3.16.3 the acceptableParameterName function
is getting called multiple times with different combinations:
"user.username", "user" and "username".
Is it wrong to use dots in parameter names?
Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Markus Demetz