struts-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Cook <rc...@pobox.com>
Subject Can't use 'expand' on struts 2 debug browser output
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:09:51 GMT
I am working with the basic_struts example application, attempting to
study the debugging tools in Struts 2. I have done the following:

put <s:head /> within my <head> tags
put struts2-dojo-plugin in my maven dependencies
put "?debug=browser" at the end of a link to be clicked on

When I click on the link, it displays the debug page, with a number of
links labelled "Expand".  No errors show up in the console.  When I
hover over the "Expand" links, they show "javascript://nop/"; when I
click on them, I can't see that anything happens. I tried a number of
different ones.

When I look at the source for the page, I can see that there is
javascript to execute when the Expand link is clicked. I attempted to
enter the Chrome debugger, but I don't know how to open the source so
that I can set a breakpoint.

So, does someone know something else to do that a newbie might forget?
Or can someone please point me to some kind of troubleshooting method?

rc