struts-user mailing list archives

From Luis Limas <luiscl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts missing parameters
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:14:31 GMT
On 20/08/2014 02:21 p. m., Lukasz Lenart wrote:
>>> Yes I know, but you're exposing Hibernate entity directly not some VO
>>> - it always will be an issue, as you can see [1], JSONWriter already
>>> contains some logic to detect Hibernate bean, but JSONReader can't do
>>> that.

>>> ...create proper Hibernate entity from JSON - only Hibernate can do
>>> that and creating entities by hand can cause some problems like your.
>>>
>>> To clarify few things:
>>> - JSONWriter serializes an object to JSON (writes to request)
>>> - JSONRead deserializes JSON into an object (reads from request)
>>>
>>> As I understand you have problem with converting JSON into an object?
>>> So in that case JSONReader and JSONPopulator are involved.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/aa744b811f9c41b80cc30ad6cf41ccaa75da5323/plugins/json/src/main/java/org/apache/struts2/json/JSONWriter.java#L290-L312
>>>

>>> Regards
>> My problem is that struts calls JSONReader when using SMDMethod=true to
>> convert JSON to Object. And so on, JSONReader fails to do the conversion.
>>
>> This is an example of SMDMethod im calling
>>
>> @SMDMethod
>> public String mySMDMethod(Request obj /*I showed Request.java at previews
>> mail */) {
>>      if(obj.getId() == null) {
>>          System.out.println("Unexpected behavior, actually the JSON sended
>> from client was {id:99}. Somehow struts didn't managed to populate ");
>>      }
>>      //logic stuff...
>>      return "succesfull example";
>> }
>>
>> At client side im sending always at least a JSON like this {id:99}.
>>
>> So you think this issue ocurrs because the "obj" parameter at "mySMDMethod"
>> is an entity? that means that the issue should cease to happen by just
>> removing all hibernate annotations?? (because thats the only special thing
>> about entities at this call)
>>
>> Thanks for your kind help :)
> Did you try to setup higher level for logger used with JSON plugin?
>
> ie.
> log4j.logger.org.apache.struts2.json = debug
>

> Regards
Yep, but by using log4j XML configuration:

     <category name="com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor"
additivity="false">
         <priority value="DEBUG" />
         <appender-ref ref="basic" />
     </category>
     <category name="com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlValueStack"
additivity="false">
         <priority value="WARN" />
         <appender-ref ref="basic" />
     </category>

I've suspended trying to solve the issue by now, i'll restart my
research next week, i'll post everything i've found at the mailing list
at that time,

Right now i'm just restarting tomcat to solve the issue temporarily, yet
i haven't seen any tomcat log,

Thanks for your time :)

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está
activa.