struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to find keys located in .properties file
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 19:10:03 GMT
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am a beginner in Struts 2 and so far, I've been working with the official
> tutorials to get started with the framework. Also, I'm using Eclipse.
>
> In the "Message Resource Files" [1], the framework can't find the key
> located in the .properties file although it is placed in the same package
> of its related action class.
>
> Since I'm using Eclipse to create every Struts 2 project and knowing that
> Struts 2 is a "convention over configuration" framework, I wonder if I'm
> having this problem because the generated directory tree is not the same as
> the one created using Maven.
>
> Is there any recommended way to start a Struts 2 project? My code is hosted
> at Github [2] and maybe someone could give me a hint of what is wrong with
> it. I did everything as suggested in the tutorial and that's why I believe
> the issue is having a different directory tree.
>
> [1] http://struts.apache.org/docs/message-resource-files.html
> [2]
> https://github.com/jeandersonbc/labs-struts2/tree/master/tutorial/message_resource

Your project [2] is a bit messy, you're using Maven (pom.xml) but you
don't follow standard layout structure for Maven projects. If you want
to use Maven to build your Struts2 project it's far better to start
with Maven Archetypes, read this

http://struts.apache.org/docs/struts-2-maven-archetypes.html#Struts2MavenArchetypes-Quickstart

and basically use this

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://struts.apache.org/