struts-user mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject Re: Cascading Nature of Templates and Themes
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 05:19:32 GMT
I spoke too soon.

I just replaced all instances of parameters.theme with
parameters.expandTheme.

I had copied all the missing simple templates into my mobile template
directory as a work-around. When I deleted optgroup.ftl from the mobile
template directory I get the following error:

ERROR [ajp-nio-8009-exec-2] - Template processing error: "Error reading
included file template/~~~mobile/optgroup.ftl"

Error reading included file template/~~~mobile/optgroup.ftl
The problematic instruction:
----------
==> include
"/${parameters.templateDir}/${parameters.expandTheme}/optgroup.ftl" [on
line 118, column 1 in template/simple/select.ftl]
 in include "/${parameters.templateDir}/simple/select.ftl" [on line 25,
column 1 in template/mobile/select.ftl]
----------

Java backtrace for programmers:
----------
freemarker.template.TemplateException: Error reading included file
template/~~~mobile/optgroup.ftl
.
.
.
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Template
template/~~~mobile/optgroup.ftl not found.

What I don’t understand I why the template manager doesn’t try to load
optgroup.ftl from the simple template?

The mobile select.ftl template is simply:

<#include
"/${parameters.templateDir}/${parameters.expandTheme}/controlheader.ftl" />
<#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/simple/select.ftl" />
<#include
"/${parameters.templateDir}/${parameters.expandTheme}/controlfooter.ftl" />

And the theme.properties file has one entry:

parent=simple

Again any assistance would be appreciated.

Z.