struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: JSON + REST
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 17:38:43 GMT

> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 19:10:27 +0530
> Subject: Re: JSON + REST
> From: ghotankarua50@gmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
>
> I was looking for exactly same thing.
>
> Anyone knows how we can reduce the json result coming from Rest plugin with
> combination of conventions & JSON plugin?
>
> I understand one answer is create model per action but looks like its a
> little too big ask from design perspective.
>

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Felipe Lorenz <
> felipe.lorenz@idealogic.com.br> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on a project using conventions with rest plugin and I am
> > looking for a way to restrict the output of the json results. Since the
> > Actions class has many attributes, like lists, and so on, would be good if
> > I could restrict the output.
> >
> > I know that json plugin can do it for me using the param "includeParams",
> > but the rest plugins already has json result, so I dont want to add another
> > plugin.
> >
> > Is there a way to limit the json output just using rest plugin with
> > annotations?

org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod method = new
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod(org.apache.struts2.rest.example.ParameterUtils.getBaseUrl()+"/orders.json");
            method.setRequestEntity(new org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.StringRequestEntity("{\"amount\":33}"));
            org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient httpClient=new org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient().
            httpClient.executeMethod(method);
            String response = method.getResponseBodyAsString();

//A resposta do filtro
             ?

Obrigado!