struts-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 00:36:27 GMT
MG>follow the example to the letter

> From: zyxrm@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:21:13 -0400
>
> I tried doing this  onSelectTopics of first autocompleter to select value of the second
autocompleter but didn't work. Any suggessions?

> First autocompleter
> <sj:autocompleter
> onChangeTopics="publisherDescChange"
> onSelectTopics="publisherDescSelect"
> />
>
MG> <!-- handle publisherDescChange first with subscribe statement below -->
$.subscribe('publisherDescChange', function(event, data) {
  	var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;
  	var message = ui.item.value;
  	if(ui.item.key) {
  		message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
  	}
		$('#topics').html('<b>'+message+'</b>');
	});>

MG><!-- handle publisherDescSelect  with subscribe statement below -->
$.subscribe('publisherDescSelect', function(event, data) {
  	var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;
  	var message = ui.item.value;
  	if(ui.item.key) {
  		message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
  	}
		$('#topics').html('<i>'+message+'</i>');
	});

http://struts.jgeppert.com/struts2-jquery-showcase/autocompleter-json.action;jsessionid=CE13A626C1A38AC66A47344D139993DE

MG>Now when you select the list is the javascript function for second subscribe('publisherDescSelect'
... called ?
MG>Now when you change the list is the javascript function for first subscribe('publisherDescChange'
... called ?
MG>its important you implement everything you see in the autocompleter example
MG>if you do not your results will be 'undefined'
>
> > From: zyxrm@hotmail.com
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> > Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:55:53 -0400
> >
> > As mentioned earlier have 2 autocompleters with same list of Managers. Only difference
being the Manger.description is shown as drop down in one and Manager.code is shown in the
drop down in another.

> > In the first autocompleter when Manager.description is selected it should automatically
select the second autocompleter with corresponding Manager.code value and vise versa.

> > How to do this?
> >

> >  I am new to both struts2 and jquery. Please need help with this.
> >
> > I tried adding the subscribe mentioned below that didn't auto select the option
in the second autocompleter.

> > > From: mgainty@hotmail.com
> > > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > > Subject: RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> > > Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 07:09:12 -0400
> > >
> > > you will notice in the autocompleter tutorial posted at
> > > http://struts.jgeppert.com/struts2-jquery-showcase/autocompleter-json.action;jsessionid=CE13A626C1A38AC66A47344D139993DE
> > >
> > > there exists a <sj:autocompleter with
> > > onChangeTopics="autocompleteChange"but there is no (jquery) function subscribed
to listen to autocompleteChange topic ..
> > > if you look at bottom of tutorial you will see:
> > > $.subscribe('autocompleteChange', function(event, data) {
> > >   	var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;
> > >   	var message = ui.item.value;
> > >   	if(ui.item.key) {
> > >   		message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
> > >   	}
> > > 		$('#topics').html('<b>'+message+'</b>');
> > > 	});
> > >
> > > when you publish an event topic you will also need to subscribe listener for
the same event topic
> > > HTH
> > > Martin

display the Publishers list but

change the code and vise versa on the second autocompleter.

want the selected publisher to be set to corresponding Publisher object selected to the selectedPublisherOfPublisherDescription
attribute.

one. But, it's not working. Your help is appreciated.