struts-user mailing list archives

From fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:55:53 GMT
As mentioned earlier have 2 autocompleters with same list of Managers. Only difference being
the Manger.description is shown as drop down in one and Manager.code is shown in the drop
down in another.

In the first autocompleter when Manager.description is selected it should automatically select
the second autocompleter with corresponding Manager.code value and vise versa.

How to do this?

 I am new to both struts2 and jquery. Please need help with this.

I tried adding the subscribe mentioned below that didn't auto select the option in the second
autocompleter.

> From: mgainty@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 07:09:12 -0400
>
> you will notice in the autocompleter tutorial posted at
> http://struts.jgeppert.com/struts2-jquery-showcase/autocompleter-json.action;jsessionid=CE13A626C1A38AC66A47344D139993DE
>
> there exists a <sj:autocompleter with
> onChangeTopics="autocompleteChange"but there is no (jquery) function subscribed to listen
to autocompleteChange topic ..
> if you look at bottom of tutorial you will see:
> $.subscribe('autocompleteChange', function(event, data) {
>   	var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;
>   	var message = ui.item.value;
>   	if(ui.item.key) {
>   		message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
>   	}
> 		$('#topics').html('<b>'+message+'</b>');
> 	});
>
> when you publish an event topic you will also need to subscribe listener for the same
event topic
> HTH
> Martin
>
> > From: zyxrm@hotmail.com
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > Subject: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> > Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:59:49 -0400
> >
> >  I am new to struts2 and need help with the struts2 jquery autocompleter tag
> >

> > Have an object
> >
> > Publisher
> >
> > code
> >
> > description
> >

> > In Action
> >
> > getPublishers()
> >

> > I am trying to use 2 dependable sj:autocompleter tags. In both it should display
the Publishers list but

> >  in one it should display the description of publisher and in another it should
display the code

> > If the user changes discription in one of the autocompleter then it should change
the code and vise versa on the second autocompleter.

> > I am not not sure how the selected value goes to the action class. I'll want the
selected publisher to be set to corresponding Publisher object selected to the selectedPublisherOfPublisherDescription
attribute.

> > How will it change the second autocompleter code on change of the first one. But,
it's not working. Your help is appreciated.