struts-user mailing list archives

From fea jabi <zy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:21:13 GMT
I tried doing this  onSelectTopics of first autocompleter to select value of the second autocompleter
but didn't work. Any suggessions?

First autocompleter
<sj:autocompleter
onChangeTopics="publisherDescChange"
onSelectTopics="publisherDescSelect"
/>

Second autocompleter
		<sj:autocompleter
id="publisherCodeId"
listenTopics="publisherDescChange"
/>

  $.subscribe('publisherDescSelect', function(event, data) {

  	var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;  	var message = ui.item.value; if(ui.item.key) {
message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
}
$('#topics').html('<i>'+message+'</i>');

$("#publisherCodeId option[value='" + ui.item.text + "']");

$("#publisherCodeId option[text='" + ui.item.message + "']");

$("#publisherCodeId option[val='" + ui.item.text + "']").attr("selected","selected");

});

> From: zyxrm@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:55:53 -0400
>
> As mentioned earlier have 2 autocompleters with same list of Managers. Only difference
being the Manger.description is shown as drop down in one and Manager.code is shown in the
drop down in another.

> In the first autocompleter when Manager.description is selected it should automatically
select the second autocompleter with corresponding Manager.code value and vise versa.

> How to do this?
>

>  I am new to both struts2 and jquery. Please need help with this.
>
> I tried adding the subscribe mentioned below that didn't auto select the option in the
second autocompleter.

> > From: mgainty@hotmail.com
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> > Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 07:09:12 -0400
> >
> > you will notice in the autocompleter tutorial posted at
> > http://struts.jgeppert.com/struts2-jquery-showcase/autocompleter-json.action;jsessionid=CE13A626C1A38AC66A47344D139993DE
> >
> > there exists a <sj:autocompleter with
> > onChangeTopics="autocompleteChange"but there is no (jquery) function subscribed
to listen to autocompleteChange topic ..
> > if you look at bottom of tutorial you will see:
> > $.subscribe('autocompleteChange', function(event, data) {
> >   	var ui = event.originalEvent.ui;
> >   	var message = ui.item.value;
> >   	if(ui.item.key) {
> >   		message = '( '+ ui.item.key +' ) '+message;
> >   	}
> > 		$('#topics').html('<b>'+message+'</b>');
> > 	});
> >
> > when you publish an event topic you will also need to subscribe listener for the
same event topic
> > HTH
> > Martin
> >
> > > From: zyxrm@hotmail.com
> > > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > > Subject: <sj:autocompleter> dependable
> > > Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:59:49 -0400
> > >
> > >  I am new to struts2 and need help with the struts2 jquery autocompleter tag
> > >

> > > Have an object
> > >
> > > Publisher
> > >
> > > code
> > >
> > > description
> > >

> > > In Action
> > >
> > > getPublishers()
> > >

> > > I am trying to use 2 dependable sj:autocompleter tags. In both it should display
the Publishers list but

> > >  in one it should display the description of publisher and in another it should
display the code

> > > If the user changes discription in one of the autocompleter then it should
change the code and vise versa on the second autocompleter.

> > > I am not not sure how the selected value goes to the action class. I'll want
the selected publisher to be set to corresponding Publisher object selected to the selectedPublisherOfPublisherDescription
attribute.

> > > How will it change the second autocompleter code on change of the first one.
But, it's not working. Your help is appreciated.