struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring Injection Strange behaviour
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 14:36:33 GMT
How do you declare the action in struts.xml? Because instead full
class name you must use the id from applicationContext.xml

<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">
<struts>
    <package name="secure" namespace="/secure" extends="default">
        <action name="user" class="userAction">
            <result>success.jsp</result>
        </action>
    </package>
</struts>

https://struts.apache.org/docs/spring-plugin.html#SpringPlugin-InitializingActionsfromSpring

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> I'm trying to use the Spring plugin to inject a dependency into my action at runtime.
This is the first time I've tried this with Struts2 so I may have missed something but I'm
stumped because I can see the dependency is injected but then the object is later null when
I need to use it. Here is my action class code:

> public class UserRegisterAction extends ActionSupport {
>     private User user = new User();
>
>     @Override
>     public String execute(){
>         getUserService().saveUser(user);
>         return "success";
>     }
>
>     public UserServiceImpl getUserService(){
>         return userService;
>     }
>
>     UserServiceImpl userService;
>     public void setUserService(UserServiceImpl us){
>         this.userService = us;
>     }
> }
>
> Using the debugger I can see that upon startup "setUserService is called and this.userService
is set, so the injection appears to be working ok, but when the execute method is called when
the page is submitted userService is null. I'm quite new to Struts but I don't understand
how my userService is being null.