struts-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 'top' object in struts 2.5
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 05:43:54 GMT

> According to http://struts.apache.org/docs/s2-026.html :
>  Support for expression using top will be dropped in upcoming Struts version 2.5!
> We used the top object in lots of jsp pages as below (which shows a list of currencyTypes
and look up the name from struts messages):<s:select name = "selectedCurrencyType"
>           list = "currencyTypes"
>        listKey = "top"
>      listValue = "%{getText('acc.currencyType.'+top)}" />It currently works with struts
2.3.24.1 but according to above comment, will above select box works for 2.5, or we will not
have the top reference any more?! If this is true, please let me know how should we fix above
select?!

That's the idea. The "top" object should be used only internally, by
Struts tags and they're already using it, ie. <s:property/>. That
being said we will need to find a way to keep them working and allow
users to migrate. There is no clear plan now, but I'm working on some
solution to eliminate my issue: remote code execution. Maybe it will
be possible to keep the "top" object.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz